What to Bring:
What should I bring on my trip to Aravada Springs:
- Food & Drinks – there is no food available, but all tents/cabins contain mini-fridges for storing your perishables
- Jacket – evenings in the desert can be cool even during the summer. It is always a good idea to have a light jacket (or heavy one) with you for a cool night.
- Chapstick/lip balm
- Bug Repellant
- Any prescription or over the counter medication you might like (ibuprofen, Tylenol, allergy, etc)
- Refillable water bottles – fill in our freshwater spring
- Flashlight/lantern for after dark
- Cell phone charger
- Flip flops/shower shoes (optional)
- Toiletries (no soap or shampoo is provided. Bathrooms have hand soap)
- Goggles/Bandanas – if you are riding ATV’s, it can get dusty. Goggles and bandanas will protect your eyes and face from the dust
- Bathing suit & Towel – our freshwater pond is great for cooling off after a dusty ride or hot hike. Bring your suit and beach towel. (Bath towels are not allowed for pond use)
What should my group bring:
- All of the above items plus:
- Paper Goods – paper goods are not provided for groups. Please bring enough for your event
- Firewood for firepits
- Sleeping bags – unless you have made arrangements, all tents and Marilyn’s leaders room will be stripped of linens. Pads, sleeping bags, and pillows should be brought by the campers and leaders. (Marilyn’s leaders room has 2 twin beds with mattresses and a queen bed; however, sleeping bags should still be used)
What not to bring:
What items does Aravada Springs provide:
- All units come equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave, single butane burner and kitchen set (skillet, pot, can opener, hot pad, spatula, peeler, marshmallow roasting sticks) for cooking.
- Each unit has a kit of cleaning supplies (disinfecting wipes, lighter, dust pan and broom, garbage bags, paper towels, dish soap and dish washing pan
- Each unit also comes with basic paper goods – plates, cups (hot and cold), utensils, napkins)*
- Commercial Kitchen comes equipped with:
- All cooking utensils
- 2 extra large stock pots with lids
- Basic skillets
- Medium cooking pots with lids
- Potato peelers
- Wine bottle opener
- Can opener
- Measuring Spoons and cups
- Cooking oil
- Hot pads
- First aid
- Trash bags
- Disinfecting wipes/sponges
- Salt/Pepper, Mrs. Dash, Steak Seasoning, other spices
- Firewood – we provide firewood for our individual guests. However, the wood around the ranch is quick burning; you may prefer to bring your own hard wood for a longer lasting fire. Groups need to provide their own wood.
- Bed Linens – All Miner’s Tents and Grandpa’s Cabin have linens to go with the beds.
- Towels – Bath towels are provided for guests in Grandpa’s Cabin and tents? Groups and swimmers should bring their own beach towels for use in the pond.
*Groups should bring their own paper goods.