What to Bring:
What should I bring on my trip to Aravada Springs:
- Food & Drinks – there is no food available, but mini-fridges are availalbe for storing your perishables
- Firewood – Aravada Springs sells firewood, but you may bring your own.
- Jacket – evenings in the desert can be cool even during the summer. It is always a good idea to have a light jacket (or heavy one) with you for a cool night.
- Chapstick/lip balm
- Bug Repellant
- Any prescription or over the counter medication you might like (ibuprofen, Tylenol, allergy, etc)
- Refillable water bottles – fill from our freshwater spring
- Flashlight/lantern for after dark
- Cell phone charger
- Flip flops/shower shoes (optional)
- Toiletries (no soap or shampoo is provided. Bathrooms have hand soap)
- Goggles/Bandanas – if you are riding ATV’s, it can get dusty. Goggles and bandanas will protect your eyes and face from the dust
- Bathing suit & Towel – our freshwater pond is great for cooling off after a dusty ride or hot hike. Bring your suit and beach towel. (Bath towels are not allowed for pond use)
What should my group bring:
- All of the above items plus:
- Paper Goods – paper goods are not provided for groups. Please bring enough for your event
- Firewood for firepits
- Sleeping bags – unless you have paid for linens, all tents, cabins & Bunk Room will be stripped of linens. Pads, sleeping bags, and pillows should be brought by the campers and leaders. (The Bunk Room has 2 twin beds with mattresses and a queen bed; however, sleeping bags should still be used)
What not to bring:
What items does Aravada Springs provide:
- Kitchen use can be added for a $20 fee per stay. This includes a mini-fridge, microwave, single butane burner and kitchen set (skillet, pot, can opener, hot pad, spatula, peeler, marshmallow roasting sticks) for cooking.
- Each unit has a kit of cleaning supplies (disinfecting wipes, lighter, dust pan and broom, garbage bags, paper towels, dish soap and dish washing pan
- Each unit also comes with basic paper goods – plates, cups (hot and cold), utensils, napkins)*
- Commercial Kitchen comes equipped with:
- All cooking utensils
- 2 extra large stock pots with lids
- Basic skillets
- Medium cooking pots with lids
- Potato peelers
- Wine bottle opener
- Can opener
- Measuring Spoons and cups
- Cooking oil
- Hot pads
- First aid
- Trash bags
- Disinfecting wipes/sponges
- Salt/Pepper, Mrs. Dash, Steak Seasoning, other spices
- Bed Linens – Linens can be purchased for an add-on to to cover laundering.
- Towels – Bath towels are provided for guests in cabins and tents? Groups and swimmers should bring their own beach towels for use in the pond.
*Groups should bring their own paper goods.