Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is Aravada Springs located?
We are located about one hour south of Mesquite Nevada on Gold Butte Road. See Getting Here to get instructions on how to reach us.
- Can I drive a regular car to Aravada Springs?
While a normal sedan will be able to reach the ranch, we strongly suggest a higher clearance vehicle such as SUV, Crossover, Truck or 4×4.
- When is check in and check out?
Check in is 3pm. Check out is 12pm. Please contact us if you need earlier or later accommodations and we will see if we can assist you.
- What is the temperature at Aravada Springs?
Our ranch is typically 10-20 degrees cooler than in Mesquite, NV. There is a link on the top of the website which will tell you the current weather at the ranch.
- Can I use the bathrooms or showers for day use if I’m out riding my ATV?
Yes, please purchase a $20.00 Family Day Use Pass on our website. Please see the Camp Host.
- Do you provide firewood?
We sell firewood, but you can always bring your own.
- Do you provide food?
No, guests must bring all their own food. We do provide a cooking kit for a small fee.
- How do I cook my food?
Kitchen use is available for a $20 fee (per stay) and includes all cooking equipment (pots, pans, utensils, etc) Additionally, there are 2 Camp Chef propane grills available for use.
- Can I bring my RV? Will it make it to the ranch?
Yes, we have 4 level RV pads with sewer and water which can be reserved on the website. We also have plenty of RV parking space without hookups (please reserve a tent camping spot for one of these parking spaces).
The BLM recommends high clearance 4WD vehicles. The climb up and over the Virgin Mountains is a dirt road and somewhat steep. Many people have pulled their RV’s to Aravada Springs, but it usually takes a 4WD vehicle with plenty of power to climb.
- What sleeping arrangements are available for leaders for a group (youth conference, girls camp, scout camp)?
We have a Bunk Room available which will sleep 5-6. There are 2 twin bunk beds as well as a queen bed. It has its own bathroom and is adjacent to the Rock House Lodge. Leaders can also rent the Miner’s Tents and Cabins.
- Is there power at the ranch?
We have electricity and WiFi. All units (including Miners Tents) have swamp coolers and wood stoves (for cooling and heating).
- Is there cell coverage at the ranch?
Cell coverage is spotty and limited; however, using the free WiFi, guests can text, instant message and make FaceTime or Voip calls. Streaming and large data downloading is not available.
- How much does it cost?
Please see our Reservations Page to see pricing and booking.
- What activities are available?
We have a pond and water slide, archery range (all equipment is available), horseshoes, a telescope for stargazing, a sand volleyball/badminton court, and an amphitheater. There are hundreds of miles of off-road trails in the Grand Canyon Parashant National Monument and the Gold Butte National Monument, as well as hiking and rock scrambling at the nearby Whitney Pockets and other areas.
- What is the Rock House Lodge?
The Lodge is a large gathering space with a petrified wood fireplace, pool table (with ping pong top), game table and more. It is a great place for guests or groups to gather at the end of the day. It is included with all guest usage.
- Can I bring my dog?
Aravada Springs welcomes your dogs to the ranch within the following guidelines. Dogs must be:
- On a leash
- Stay outside of the tent/cabin or in a kennel (not on chairs, beds, etc)
- Cleaned up after (no waste left out)
- Thank you for being sensitive to our guests who may have allergies.
- Under what conditions will I be charged for cleaning?
Groups will be charged for cleaning if they do not pass the cleaning inspection.
- When can I use the Rock House Lodge?
The Lodge is available all day until 10:00 pm.
- What are the pond and slide hours?
The pond and water slide are closed at dark. Absolutely no swimming after dark.
- Can I smoke at the ranch?
There is no smoking within 25 feet of any ranch structures. Please smoke in open areas only. Please do not litter – use trash bins or fire pits for cigarette butts.
- Can I bring speakers to play music?
We ask that you be courteous to our other guests with music playing. Large speakers are not allowed. Groups may use speakers when renting the entire facility.
- Can I drop in for a tour?
Drop ins are welcome during the hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm. Please see the Camp Host for a tour. No drop in’s when the gate is closed.
- Can I hunt at Aravada Springs?
Varmint hunting such as rabbits and coyotes is allowed in certain areas of the ranch property and you must talk to the camp host before hunting. Deer Hunting is strictly prohibited.